21 september 2011

People

People come and people go, such a down to earth little phrase in the English language. So true, so wrong, so brutally honest. We meet people everyday, some not always new and some not always old. Some we grow fond of, some we don't. Sometimes all it takes is a tiny spark, to flare a quality friendship or even relationship. Sadly, like all things on earth, they must come to an end, much like us human beings. One thing I have learn't recently, is that these small things we cherish, love and hold so close to our heart just aren't meant to be. 

Hurting is okay, feeling shit is okay, crying is okay, calling a friend is okay, talking about things is okay, freeing your mind on various mediums is okay. What's not okay is moping. Moping around in ones own self pity, which I have gained quite a knack for lately, is not okay. One of my closest friends once repeated this entire text to me, almost word for word. It's Rocky Balboa's speech to his son about life and all its perilous ups and downs, and how it continuously eats at you, continuously beats at you, continuously fights, screams, annoys, almost damn near killed and even shits on you. Read this.

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!"

Flan my man, you were the first person I spoke to when I came out of my relationship, and for that I cannot thank you enough my friend. Stay strong, this ones for you dude.


Laters

1 kommentar: